Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Impressions

Got some more photo's to share, the first few are of this spooky abandoned train rally yard. It's got some way cool stuff in it but unfortunately I left the iso way high on my camera and didn't realise... GRAIN. I need to buy some snow boots if I wanna take more pictures of it, it's down to -14 in the day now.







So, I have nothing but respect for the dudes who busk in below freezing weather.




And finally I realised that I'd taken a lot of picture of the fancy schmancy buildings in Helsinki but not many of just the street. So to give you an idea of what the downtown area looks like, here they are.



They have to constantly clean the snow off the tops of buildings and break off the stalagtite's [stalagmite?] of ice that form on the gutter, so people don't get hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ben!
    Found your blog totally by accident and couldn't believe that not only are you from WA but your also going to Murdoch! I haven't yet met a single blogger from WA so I'm so excited to see you on here. Nice blog and hope your having a fantastic time in Finland! You should try and do the boat trip from Finland to Sweden. It's pretty long but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete